Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Me Ol' China, 3 weeks to go... (never published till now and not sure why)

I am looking for a new mum. If you are looking for a son, I may be the child for you. I am adult, so low maintenance, British, cleanly shaved, have a good sense of humour, and say nice things from time to time. Does this sound like the kind of child you would like? If so please reply, telling me what makes you suitable to be my mum!

Lonely Boy


You understood my situation. You knew I was vulnerable and needed a friend. I knew you wanted to f*** me, but I had no expectations and wanted a distraction. You called me a child after I rejected you. "I have never been rejected," you said. Well I hope you learn something from your injured, pathetic ego, you piece of sh*t. You are the child.

Just wanted to rant.


these are the two ads I have chosen for you guys this week.

A very odd week, this one gone. I enjoyed last weekend very much going around with my family and visiting what I consider being the most beautiful place to visit in Beijing, The Summer Palace. nearly 6 hours walks up and down the ills to enjoy one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. After the weekend the week has gone slowly. I met my successor and I am working on the handover of all the work issues and try to sort out things. Departure is set for Sept 27th with a few flights and car journeys between then and the 11th October, day I will fly to Brazil. Things are nearly set but there are still some red tape issues that need to be sorted and I ma sure will be sorted within a couple of weeks. This week my family is, sadly, leaving China. They loved it so much, especially my daughter that is showing some signs of intolerance towards Westerners. Last weekend I have been showing off my "I love China T shirt" and all the Chinese people I was meeting were smiling an giggling and some taking pictures and showing their thumbs up. It was my was of showing the true feeling I got for this country.

The days have been really nice and this Autumn, yes over here in China, Autumn starts much earlier, is really wonderful. No Fog, no pollution, just beautiful sunny skies. Ideal for the Olympics. Hold on! Paralympics, the P word! Has anyone of you seen the Medal Table? I do not even know that there are athletes competing! The Committee has done a great job, putting Posters all over, changing all the "Olympics" into the P word but, frankly, I haven't heard anyone talking about them and I tried to look on the Italian sport newspaper, la Gazzetta, if there was any news and.. NOTHING! Disgraceful.

Olympics are over and migrants are back in town. The city looks more packed and so the subway system. Last week Hong Qiao market looked pretty full of Big Noses despite the end of the Olympics and the prices have gone down. The same mobile I paid 1050 for now is 750 (RMB, of course).

Another 3 weeks to enjoy Beijing, 3 more weeks to go and redo the things I loved most and try to see some people I haven't seen for a long time. I will place an ad today trying to get hold of someone to go partying on Saturday night. I need it, I really feel I need to go to have a drink. The departure of my family is breaking a routine I got accustomed to and I liked but, it signals, as well, the end of my Chinese experience as, from now on, it's all a matter of counting down the days.

3 weeks left of which only one off to sort all my things out before saying good bye... Not much, but enough to look, once again at all smiles in the streets.

Guys, if anything happens this weekend I will update the blog, if not see you next week. Catch you later!

No comments: